All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: AMR 1.5.10 Memory Leak
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:31 pm 

Hello, I would like to first thank the developers for this awesome extension. I've been using it for years since its release and always went back to AMR after trying other different manga extensions.

Anyway, I have this issue that's been bothering me for the past couple days. Since Chrome version 57 dropped, I've been getting memory leak issues with the extension running in the background. I was unable to run the debugger through the inspect popup because whenever I right click the extension and try to click "Inspect popup" (as instructed in the debugging tutorial on the Chrome dev website), it only loads the list of mangas page instead of loading a separate popup with the developer tools window called "popup.html". I already have developer mode enabled in Chrome since I needed it enabled in order to install AMR by extracting the contents of the .crx extension file.

My only temporary solution is to restart AMR in the extensions window (chrome://extensions). After that, memory usage would drop back to under 200 mb ram usage and gradually increase as time goes by. As a result, I have to manually restart AMR every hour or so.

I've tried the troubleshooting methods listed below and I've had no luck fixing it. I also attached a screenshot of the Chrome task manager showing the abnormal memory usage.

Troubleshooting issues I've tried:
• Reinstalling AMR
• Installing AMR 1.5.10 Beta
• Reinstalling Chrome

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot of the Chrome task manager
asdf.PNG
asdf.PNG [ 13.52 KiB | Viewed 928 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:17 pm 
AMR Hero

I think this is because we copy the mangas object (the one that stores your reading list) several times. I've been pushing back the issue, since I'm planning to use an indexed db instead of storing it in the localstorage, but stuff happens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:46 am 

braiam wrote:
I think this is because we copy the mangas object (the one that stores your reading list) several times. I've been pushing back the issue, since I'm planning to use an indexed db instead of storing it in the localstorage, but stuff happens.

Is there a possibility of that getting fixed soon? For the time being, I disabled the extension when I'm not using it and reenabling it when I'm reading manga.