All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A few points of feedback
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:12 pm 

AMR is great and probably the sole reason I still use chrome over other browsers, without exaggeration.

I'd just like to point out two things I've noticed recently while using AMR:

Changelog: Is there no way to view the changelog? If I recall, when it updates it opens up a page or something with changes (I think?). However, aside from bringing it up when it has updated, I couldn't find any link to view a changelog, and I've scoured the entire site looking for it. I know it exists somewhere, so a nice link, even if hidden, would help greatly. The last time there was an update I accidentally closed the window, and it's bothered me that I can't see what those changes are).

FAQ Tips: "How can I search mangas similar to one in my list ?" is one of the points in the Tips section of the FAQ, but this phrasing seems deceptive. The use of "similar" makes it sound like this is a feature that lets us find similar, but different, manga from one on the list (either through tag searching or meta searching etc, a popular feature in other kinds of applications). However, unless I'm just reading this wrong, the point only tells us how to search for the manga title on different sites, etc.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Edit: Not an AMR-related suggestion, so it's not really a big deal, but it would be nice if this forum had a way of actually telling me how I will be notified on my subscriptions. I can only assume it is e-mail, but I have no way of confirming because there isn't a "Preferred notification" section in the settings, or I couldn't find it. The FAQ section also only refers to this "notification method" and doesn't actually tell me how I can receive notifications.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:48 pm 

For the changelog, type this in address bar: chrome-extension://nhjloagockgobfpopemejpgjjechcpfd/release.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 pm 

You mean notification for your suscribed topics? Yes, it's an email when there's an answer to your suscribed posts. There will not be any more mails until you visit the topic (logged in).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 pm 

I love the AMR - just want to put it out there. Although I love the updates that have been made to AMR, I liked the older version for the notifications for the update of manga where it was smaller in text size and friendlier textbox. Could AMR bring back that smaller text notification box?
Also, the notification box doesn't go away after you click on it and when the new manga opens. It just stays.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:59 pm 
AMR Hero

@kazmadan, Now the change log is on http://wiki.allmangasreader.com/changelog, @phat43va, sadly is out our control the notification, since chrome is dropping the html notifications that never was standardized. We will be working with the new webkitnotification in the meanwhile.