All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:08 pm 

Message from the Moderators

I'm locking this post, since it have been derailed and there's too much discussion about unrelated matters. I've compiled all the solutions in a single page in Super User. If you have more solutions, or have problems implementing the ones you have found, just post it there.

http://superuser.com/q/767286/235569

I will be deleting any new post on this matter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys/Girls:
I've got a serious question to make.. and sorry for my writing:

I'm worried about AMR, it's the only thing that's keeping me from using Firefox all the time, and i just found out about this:

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com.ar/2013/11/chrome-for-windows-limited-to-web-store.html

And AMR not being in the Google Store, nor compliant of the Google Manifest V2.
How is the future of AMR going to go?.
:cry:
I'm willing to use the developer versions, but this is a tough one for AMR...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:07 am 

I was just coming here to post this. This could however force AMR to go to firefox and personally I think it would be a good move.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 am 

Hi, i'm using this extension from a lot and i'm happy with it, but looks like we're going to have a HUGE problem, as stated here: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-576113 ... xtensions/

Google Chrome is going to totally block every external extension, and AMR is one of them! I know you can't go in the official market because they reject it, so this project needs to find a totally different way to continue to work!

AMR is one of the main reasons of my Google Chrome using, i think i can go to IE11 without any problem if it lose it!

Possible solution i see:
- try to make AMR a real working site, then make a Chrome extension that just push the notify from the site itself
- moving to other browser
- make it an HTML5 app and port it for Windows 8, OSX, linux

they are all painful solution and requires lot of work, i hope i gave some right input to developers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 pm 

That's why I'm here too!
I'm starting to hate google - every decision they did last year was crap!

What about chromium and SRWare Iron - those are more or less the same browsers as Google Chrome
The Iron browser even has a plugin-page All Mangas Reader could maybe use: http://www.chrome-plugins.info/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 pm 
AMR Hero

First of all. Once we were kicked out from Google Store (or whatever is called) we haven't tried to enter again. Second, this only affects Windows, Linux/Mac users are not affected by this desition. Changing the support for Chrome to anything else involves an incredible amount of work that most of the people aren't willing to do.

We could try enter to Google Store (again, or whatever is called) and see what happens, but for that we need to contact polo (the administrator of the site and everything else) which is currently MIA (he already has a google dev account).

Again, this only affects Stable and Beta versions of Chrome in Windows. A dirty and cheap solution is:

1. Everyone installs Dev or Canary version of Chrome.
2. Do not use Windows, and use Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, etc.)
3. Open a bug request to add a flag to invalidate such behavior.
4. Join the project and do a <put your favorite browser> version.

Those are the solutions. The only thing we can do is hope they allow us to enter the market, or whatever is called, again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:09 am 

Either way, even if it does go into the chrome store, haven't they signified that they will eventually be removing all extension support (as has Firefox)

I love this extension, I have no idea how I would manage the hundreds of manga I read on an ongoing basis without it!

Anyone know of any programs that even comes close (ie, a non extension/browser plugin that will do the same thing?)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:55 am 

Hi, I am an MAC user, and when AMR stoped working a few days ago, I unistalled it, to reinstall again. Now, not even mac users can install from external sources. Anything I can do to have AMR back??? Going nuts here...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:19 pm 
AMR Hero

@sdc666 I have no mac, but according to the article is only windows (aka the malware paradise) the one that they blocked. If you have issues please report a bug to Chrome.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:12 pm 

So this is starting in January? This really sucks! I love using this extension google is really turning into a bunch of over controlling asses with everything they do lately. From forcing Google+ down our throats to this.
But about those solutions
1. Everyone installs Dev or Canary version of Chrome.
Where do I find this? Also how will this be different from normal chrome?

3. Open a bug request to add a flag to invalidate such behavior.
Could you explain this in a little more detail?

Are there any other options at this point?

Also you mentioned at least trying to get back into the store. How is that working out?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:17 am 
AMR Hero

>>1. Everyone installs Dev or Canary version of Chrome.
>Where do I find this? Also how will this be different from normal chrome?

You can find here http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

These versions are different since they can contain bugs and other quirks that needs to be ironed out before release.

>>3. Open a bug request to add a flag to invalidate such behavior.
>Could you explain this in a little more detail?

This should be done reporting to the chromium project http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry

> Also you mentioned at least trying to get back into the store. How is that working out?

This we should wait for polo.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next