All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:35 pm 

Chrome just blocked AMR for me today, no clue how to use it again

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:13 am 

The AMR chrome extension just got blocked for me a few minutes ago. *holds back freak out mode*

I have so much manga. What am I gonna do now?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 am 

diablys wrote:
Chrome just blocked AMR for me today, no clue how to use it again

No clue here either. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 pm 

This worked for me:

Save the .crx from the website to your computer.
Use a file archiver (e.g. 7-Zip) to extract the contents of the .crx to a folder. (Note: make sure you put this folder in a safe place where it can stay, don't delete it as this will remove the extension from Chrome.)
Go to chrome://extensions/, tick the box to turn on Developer mode (top right of the page).
Click "Load unpacked extension..." button, select the folder from Step 2 to install.

If Step 4 gives you an error saying something about a 'manifest_version' key, then...
Open the folder you created in Step 2.
Open manifest.json with Notepad/Notepad++.
Add this somewhere in the document between the {} braces (or change it if they already have a manifest_version entry):
"manifest_version": 2,
Save, do Step 4 from above again.

You have to redo all your settings!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:34 pm 

damn :( no good I was looking for help, cause let's face it AMR is or was best way for managing your manga.

If someone know similar extension or some solution to this problem please help.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:51 am 

You can enable third party addons by configuring chrome via group policy.

Step 1. Follow the steps on this page
http://jackstromberg.com/2013/08/configuring-google-chrome-via-group-policy/
to download the chrome.adm (or adml/admx) file and add it to your local policy editor.

Step 2. Configure the extensions/extension installation whitelist policy

Step 3. Copy the extension's ID (example: mjlaoepepibiemhcfjfekbihdpbeplme) from chrome's extension page, and add it in the policy editor. You don't need to add every single extension to the whitelist, just ones that were disabled by chrome's recent change.

Step 4. Restart chrome, go into the extensions page and you can now re-enable the third party extensions that you added to the whitelist.

I just did this in win7, works great. You'll want the .adm file from the windows/adm/en-US folder in that zip file, put it in %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions\en-US\, start the policy editor by typing "gpedit.msc" in the start menu's run box, right click computer config/admin templates to add a template, then you can edit the whitelist.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:55 am 

if you havent uninstalled it yet copy the files that show it's extension ID(you can find it on the extension page) C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local

after you copy the files somewhere else. then uninstall. paste the files back into the folder you got it from, and then reinstall AMR. Your list should be exactly as it was and you can work on getting an actual export/import file made

(or you can just repeat the same process every time you turn chrome on.... the import/export seems easier >_>)

if you're not finding the location i pasted it means it's either installed on a second hard drive or something, or you're using a different windows version. if so you can find the files just by searching the extension ID in the windows index.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:13 pm 

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
You can enable third party addons by configuring chrome via group policy.

Step 1. Follow the steps on this page
http://jackstromberg.com/2013/08/configuring-google-chrome-via-group-policy/
to download the chrome.adm (or adml/admx) file and add it to your local policy editor.

Step 2. Configure the extensions/extension installation whitelist policy

Step 3. Copy the extension's ID (example: mjlaoepepibiemhcfjfekbihdpbeplme) from chrome's extension page, and add it in the policy editor. You don't need to add every single extension to the whitelist, just ones that were disabled by chrome's recent change.

Step 4. Restart chrome, go into the extensions page and you can now re-enable the third party extensions that you added to the whitelist.

I just did this in win7, works great. You'll want the .adm file from the windows/adm/en-US folder in that zip file, put it in %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions\en-US\, start the policy editor by typing "gpedit.msc" in the start menu's run box, right click computer config/admin templates to add a template, then you can edit the whitelist.

Hi
Can you please help me?
i donwload the admx file and i open the local policy editor, but then i see no Policy tab to choose the newly added Chrome admx...
i use Windows 8

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3