All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: First Look at 1.3.0
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:42 am 
AMR Hero

Some quick first-look suggestions and bugfixes...

1. When I hide the AMR bar, and then press "n" or "b" to go forward or backwards a chapter, the AMR bar un-hides itself.
    2. You should be able to drag categories down to the mangas as well as dragging mangas to the categories (very confusing for me at first, actually needed to check the help section)
    3. Can you please explain how the categories work? There are three modes, as far as I can tell... Hide, Show, and something else... I still don't quite understand how those work, but i think it should just be hide and show?
    4. You should be able to place a particular manga from a grouped manga into one category and the other into another.
    5. There should be an option to allow you to hide the manga from the badge counter if you hide a particular category...
    6. Um, not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you hide all the manga, a little link is visible that just says "here" and when you click on it the manga search tab opens up. (Black Background, btw)

But everything else seems to be working perfectly apart from that! Great work and great extension!

Oh, one more thing, sometimes on mangastream.com the first page is randomly black, but that usually goes away after a few refreshes...

Keep up the good work!

Post subject: Re: First Look at 1.3.0
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:01 pm 

3.- normal is show, whit a line is hide , gray is not apply. for defaul the manga is not showed

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:03 am 
AMR Hero

what do you mean not apply? how is that different from show or hide?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:05 am 

a manga whit no categories is hiden

whit one is

hide = hide
show = show
gray = hiden

if a manga is in two categories....

grey + hide = hide
grey + show = show
show + hide = hide
grey + grey = hiden

so
gray < show < hide

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:52 am 
AMR Hero

Actually, i think gray is show, not hide... or at least that's how it works for me.

But, it's completely the same as show (or hide, in your example).

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 am 
AMR Hero

About categories :

Actually... I see that this is confusing :
Category A :
Manga 1 (manga in red (new manga))
Manga 2 (manga in blue)

If Category A is grey and natives categories "New" and "Read" are white --> both manga 1 and 2 are displayed
If Category A is white and natives categories "New" and "Read" are white --> both manga 1 and 2 are displayed
If you cross native category "New", even if Category A is white, Manga 1 won't be displayed because it is in "New"

For example if you want to hide all "One Shots" manga, just cross "One Shots" and they will never appear in the list

White : manga in this category are included in the list
Crossed : manga in this category are excluded from the list even if they are in another included category
Gray : Rules for displaying manga do not consider this category

About your features request :
1. When I hide the AMR bar, and then press "n" or "b" to go forward or backwards a chapter, the AMR bar un-hides itself.
--> added on TODO list
2. You should be able to drag categories down to the mangas as well as dragging mangas to the categories (very confusing for me at first, actually needed to check the help section)
--> will think about it... effectively it is confusing but it is quite difficult to find a non intrusive way to manage categories...
3. Can you please explain how the categories work? There are three modes, as far as I can tell... Hide, Show, and something else... I still don't quite understand how those work, but i think it should just be hide and show?
--> Explained above
4. You should be able to place a particular manga from a grouped manga into one category and the other into another.
--> Unfortunaltly, that won't be possible because the drop down panel on each manga is applied to the whole group of manga... What should I write in the category section of this panel if manga in the group are in different categories ?
5. There should be an option to allow you to hide the manga from the badge counter if you hide a particular category...
--> The badge counter and the popup are managed in two different parts of the extension... so that's impossible now...
6. Um, not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you hide all the manga, a little link is visible that just says "here" and when you click on it the manga search tab opens up. (Black Background, btw)
--> Yep, I will fix it

Oh, one more thing, sometimes on mangastream.com the first page is randomly black, but that usually goes away after a few refreshes...
--> I can't reproduce this bug... so i don't know how to fix it... but a lot of people have noticed too...

@Someone516 --> Thank you very much for being so active on this forum... this helps me a lot !

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:58 pm 
AMR Hero

Thanks for the explanation and the quick replies!
First of all, I'm glad to help out anywhere I can and will do so for as long as I am able.
Secondly, I was wondering if you could possibly post your current todo list somewhere and keep a running record of all the bugs that are going to be fixed, and features that will be added so that people don't suggest them repeatedly.
Lastly, thank you again for the explanation, but and after playing with it a bit further, I understand the difference between them.
I'm glad you're keeping up with all of this, and am happy to hear that you hope to bring many future ideas and features to this excellent extension.

P.S. One more quick thing: Is there any way to get rid of that top grey bar on sites or at least color it in black? (A result of the AMR toolbar) http://awesomescreenshot.com/0e4dq7q06 Here's a quick screenshot of the grey bar and the Mangastream black box (I think they shrink the images to the size of a pixel).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:24 pm 
AMR Hero

About 1 : When I hide the AMR bar, and then press "n" or "b" to go forward or backwards a chapter, the AMR bar un-hides itself.
--> Sorry about what I said before but it is a normal behavior, the state of AMR bar (hidden or visible is saved) If you don't want to see it, just hide it and navigate with n or b. To have it back click on the AMR logo on the top left hand corner

Is that OK for you ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:32 pm 
AMR Hero

That's fine, but maybe in the future you could set up some kind of auto-hide function? I was also wondering if I could get the toolbar at the top as well as having the next/previous bars at the top and bottom of the chapter?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:53 pm 
AMR Hero

I am not sure to understand :
1 - maybe in the future you could set up some kind of auto-hide function
--> it is already a auto hide function, if the bar is hidden, and you go to another manga or chapter, the bar will stay hidden (normally)
2 - I was also wondering if I could get the toolbar at the top as well as having the next/previous bars at the top and bottom of the chapter
--> How could it helps ?