All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:44 am 

Not sure what is going on but I have 2 manga that is updated (with "2" showing) but when I click on AMR icon nothing happens, there are many updates especially for window 8 that was done recently but not sure if this affected anything. I did a reinstall but didn't delete the original AMR package because i don't have a backup of my manga and now I couldn't open AMR icon at all. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:18 am 

Had same issue, not sure what causes it but you can try right-click->manage and disable/re-enable the extension. Hopefully that'll at least get you going until this bug is found/fixed.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:10 pm 

Bump, anyone know solution to this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:49 am 

copied and pasted from user Snipeon

"From what I could see, the problem here is that chrome keeps tagging some manga websites as malware, and it's interfering with the updating of manga. What you could try here, if you're really desperate to read your manga, is to disable the malware protection.
Just go Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Under Privacy, uncheck the Enable phishing and malware protection -> restart chrome. And there, you're done.

Or else, you'll have to manually track down the webpages giving you problems, and trust me, it ain't fun. And chrome helps no shit by adding more and more pages into the malware list, so you may have to reorganize your list again and again..."

Google is also trying to get rid of all extensions that are not in the Web Store. If this is the case AMR might be done for in the future

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:30 pm 

Thanks, your solution works now!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:13 am 

spelledwithaph wrote:
copied and pasted from user Snipeon

"From what I could see, the problem here is that chrome keeps tagging some manga websites as malware, and it's interfering with the updating of manga. What you could try here, if you're really desperate to read your manga, is to disable the malware protection.
Just go Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Under Privacy, uncheck the Enable phishing and malware protection -> restart chrome. And there, you're done.

Or else, you'll have to manually track down the webpages giving you problems, and trust me, it ain't fun. And chrome helps no shit by adding more and more pages into the malware list, so you may have to reorganize your list again and again..."

Google is also trying to get rid of all extensions that are not in the Web Store. If this is the case AMR might be done for in the future

Did this. Made sure I restarted Chrome. Still didn't fix the issue. I'm on OS X 10.9.3 with Chrome 35.0.1916.114 so that could be an issue.

And, might I suggest that you folks punt Chrome and do this on Firefox? It's painfully clear that Google is going to keep turning the screws until you can't actually do what you need to.