All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: AMR List Disappear
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:08 pm 

Hello, I was opening up my manga list to read on some manga but noticed that they weren't loading the entire chapter but just a single page. This has happened before and each time I quickly close Chrome and open it back up with usually no problems and it will be fixed. Though this time I opened it up to find that the icon was blue (and still had a number) so I closed Chrome again after a short bit and in turn opened it again to find the blue icon and no numbers.

So what happened to my manga list? Or the app itself. Is there anyway to recover my manga list because it was a large one...

I even tried to import (merge) an old list since I haven't exported in a while and nothing seems to happen. Please help :(

Update: It will no longer even load chapters for random manga online or let me export anything.

Post subject: Re: AMR List Disappear
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:46 pm 
AMR Hero

Could you be more verbose describing the problem? We need to know which version of Chrome/AMR you have, if there's any error reported in the console (CTRL + SHIFT + J), and what was the last thing you did before you noticed the problem and any other kind of detail.

Also please, remember that the "bug report" forum is for actual bug reports, no troubleshooting.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:16 am 

Sorry, but I know this has to be a bug of some kind. The version of Chrome I am using is 35.0.1916.114 m (the latest one) and I am using allmangasreader 1.5.6 (if I am not mistake the latest version as well).

Sorry that my explanation is not the best but I truly don't know what happened. I logged back on my computer and I already had chrome opened, I leave it open most of the time. Then notifications of manga updates started occurring, between 4-6 manga got updated and I clicked to go ahead and open two or so. It open the page with the manga like normal but then it would not open the entire chapter just the first page of each. I have had this happen before and thought nothing of it since I have always just had to close chrome and open it right back up to fix this. So I did just that and closed chrome, opened it back up, and saw the the Allmangasreader icon had turned blue instead of being red like it should have been. I clicked on it to just manually open a manga and then the list of my manga were missing with it stating there are no manga in my list.

So I tried closing and reopening chrome (even later shutting down my computer) to see if then it would load my manga but nothing happen. I don't know what could have caused this. I have never had any major problems before even though I read tons of manga, and have had multiple even loading at the same time with no issues.

I have an really old backup, so just testing something I even tried to import at list manually but it will never actually import then and I also tried opening a manga that I have never read before but it would also not load the entire chapter in a scrollable page or even bookmark it.

I understand that I may have to delete and reinstall Allmangasreader but is there anyway to save my disappeared list of manga? Or is there any other fix?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:01 am 

I'm experiencing the exactly same problem!! :cry:
One thing I noticed is that the AMR extension went to 1.5.6_1.

I just hope not to lose my list.
[]s

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:41 am 

Well hopefully there is a fix or at least a way for us to recover our lists :)

Ok, sorry that is all the information that I can give, if there is anything else you need let me know.

But I do have an update. Now I tried loading the extension by this method "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nhjloagockgobfpopemejpgjjechcpfd\1.5.6_0".

Could it be Chrome blocking it?

I tried this but nothing changed if anything I have to reload it every time I open Chrome or it warns me about not being in developer mode. Either way the extension is still acting the same way. I don't know if this information is even relevant. Thanks for all the help and for allmangasreader in general.

One last thing, I don't care to even delete and re-install allmangasreader but I was also wondering if there is recover my manga list before it stopped working from the extension folder or something. Thanks again :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:54 am 

I have experienced this too. Here could be your solution.

copied and pasted from user Snipeon

"From what I could see, the problem here is that chrome keeps tagging some manga websites as malware, and it's interfering with the updating of manga. What you could try here, if you're really desperate to read your manga, is to disable the malware protection.
Just go Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Under Privacy, uncheck the Enable phishing and malware protection -> restart chrome. And there, you're done.

Or else, you'll have to manually track down the webpages giving you problems, and trust me, it ain't fun. And chrome helps no shit by adding more and more pages into the malware list, so you may have to reorganize your list again and again..."

Basically it seems that parts of AMR is trying to work but Google Chrome's changes are preventing your notifications to actually do something and causing it not to work. Google is also trying to get rid of all extensions that are not in the Web Store. If this is the case AMR might be done for in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:16 pm 

I had experienced this too but I was able to fix by downgrading back 1.5.5 and near everything works fine. Except the notification popup they just in my Google Now notifications instead of the desktop notifications. However, I found a solution for that just go to Setting look for Privacy than click Content settings then go for Notification and click Allow all sites to show desktop notifications. Allmangareader notification will pop but one notification(will only show manga update chapter) instead multiple notifications that tell you which mangas updated individually. Nonetheless, when you click that one notification all update will open a tab to each manga updated chapter.