All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:01 am 

I love using AMR and it worked great for me and everything I needed.

But then bugs started popping up.

[*]Whenever Google Chrome was closed, for any reason, the AMR icon would be gone, and when I went to Manage Extensions, it was grayed out, and would not let me re-install it as it was a "suspicious extension and was removed." When I went to Google and searched around forums about this issue, I learned that this will happen for every single extension not listed on the Google Chrome Webstore, whether it is set to open or private, it must be listed there or Chrome will see it as an incompatible extension. And that sucks. I have to completely uninstall AMR, go to the AMR website, download AMR again, re-install it again. open it, and import my manga back into AMR, and start all over again.[/*]

[*]Importing manga sometimes freezes that web page (The one that has the Import and Export tab) and will also freeze AMR until it is either fixed, or uninstalled. [/*]

[*]Manga for certain sites, like eatmanga, wont save properly. I might have completed the manga series, yet suddenly now it says that while I saved the manga to my list, I never started reading it. And when I go to the last page, and save it as latest page read, it will have a duplicate, saying there is one copy that is finished, and another copy that was never started, so I end up having to go through my list re-saving the right page, and deleting the copy.[/*]

[*]The AMR icon sometimes doesnt open the pop up displaying the manga and chapters I have, even after importing the manga back. No matter what I do, I cant get it to display my manga at all. It says I have several manga unread, with new chapters, but which manga it is, or if it really IS a new chapter or just a duplicate, I'll never know because AMR doesnt work anymore.[/*]

[*]I was told today that all extensions not on the Chrome Webstore will not work AT ALL anymore, even if you re-install the program and save your manga, actually getting the extension to work wont happen anymore, which would explain some of the issues.[/*]

It boils down to unless its on the webstore, AMR wont work. If you dont want it on there, fine, figure out a way to add this to Firefox or something. If you just dont want people adding it from the webstore and prefer them adding it from the AMR website, just make the webstore page private so people still have to download it from the AMR page. So long as its ON there, the extension will work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:59 am 

Are you running 1.5.6 or Beta 1.5.6.6?

I'm using 1.5.6 and I installed it back during when you had to take the zip folder and manually install it through Development mode on the extensions page by loading the unpacked extension and packing it yourself. I currently have no issues with AMR getting un-installed and having to import it back in.

As for the AMR popup not opening and displaying things, only thing I can think of is change it to where it opens up a tab instead of the popup from the icon. Also, if you are trying to look at the popup and you had just re-installed AMR you have to give it time to load all the website implementations and do its manga list update and chapter list update before it will display things.

I know that MangaHere had an issue with what your current/last read chapter was and when clicking last read it would go to the right chapter and setting that as the current chapter it would create a duplicate entry you had to delete but that was due to the domain changing from .com to .co. Other then that I've had moments where AMR will forget what chapter it is supposed to be displaying in the drop down list as the last read chapter but just hitting the last read button and clicking the set current chapter as latest read will fix it and not create a duplicate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:56 am 

Try this

copied and pasted from user Snipeon

"From what I could see, the problem here is that chrome keeps tagging some manga websites as malware, and it's interfering with the updating of manga. What you could try here, if you're really desperate to read your manga, is to disable the malware protection.
Just go Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Under Privacy, uncheck the Enable phishing and malware protection -> restart chrome. And there, you're done.

Or else, you'll have to manually track down the webpages giving you problems, and trust me, it ain't fun. And chrome helps no shit by adding more and more pages into the malware list, so you may have to reorganize your list again and again..."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:09 am 

spelledwithaph wrote:
Try this

copied and pasted from user Snipeon

"From what I could see, the problem here is that chrome keeps tagging some manga websites as malware, and it's interfering with the updating of manga. What you could try here, if you're really desperate to read your manga, is to disable the malware protection.
Just go Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Under Privacy, uncheck the Enable phishing and malware protection -> restart chrome. And there, you're done.

Or else, you'll have to manually track down the webpages giving you problems, and trust me, it ain't fun. And chrome helps no shit by adding more and more pages into the malware list, so you may have to reorganize your list again and again..."

That only works when you are having an issue loading certain manga from certain websites, and only when AMR as a whole is working. AMR doesnt work anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:18 am 

Ebonmourn wrote:
Are you running 1.5.6 or Beta 1.5.6.6?

I'm using 1.5.6 and I installed it back during when you had to take the zip folder and manually install it through Development mode on the extensions page by loading the unpacked extension and packing it yourself. I currently have no issues with AMR getting un-installed and having to import it back in.

As for the AMR popup not opening and displaying things, only thing I can think of is change it to where it opens up a tab instead of the popup from the icon. Also, if you are trying to look at the popup and you had just re-installed AMR you have to give it time to load all the website implementations and do its manga list update and chapter list update before it will display things.

I know that MangaHere had an issue with what your current/last read chapter was and when clicking last read it would go to the right chapter and setting that as the current chapter it would create a duplicate entry you had to delete but that was due to the domain changing from .com to .co. Other then that I've had moments where AMR will forget what chapter it is supposed to be displaying in the drop down list as the last read chapter but just hitting the last read button and clicking the set current chapter as latest read will fix it and not create a duplicate.

I was using 1.5.6 though I have used the beta on previous versions. I am going to try the beta version now, but the problem isnt that either version is in and of itself broken, the problem is where the extension is hosted on, which is google chrome. Chrome decided that any extension not listed in their store will be automatically blocked, so there is no actual fix that we can do on our end to fix it.

Only really two possible solutions. 1) They put AMR on the Web Store (Whether public or private doesnt matter, just needs to be on there somewhere), or 2) Remove it as a Chrome extension entirely, and add it to FireFox or as a Desktop Manga Manager or something. Either would work, it just needs to be DONE.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:06 am 
AMR Hero

Quote:
Only really two possible solutions. 1) They put AMR on the Web Store (Whether public or private doesnt matter, just needs to be on there somewhere), or 2) Remove it as a Chrome extension entirely, and add it to FireFox or as a Desktop Manga Manager or something. Either would work, it just needs to be DONE.

1) Not going to happen. Google doesn't want any extension that can in any way infringe the copyright. We could try and get away from automated test, but if an human test it, well... there's nothing we can do.

2) You forgot that for that to happen someone must be willing to do it. The code is there for anyone to modify, redistribute, view and reuse. If someone wants to port it to firefox or whatever, just start working on it. :) BTW, Firefox is almost making the same move as Google and won't allow any extension that could infringe copyright material, just heads up.

3) I've said this plenty times already, so for users there's a way to use AMR that you can solve now. I've said it several times and I'm kind of tired of repeating it again, so read here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4374#p12008

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:31 am 

or you can just try this...

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=12565#p12565