All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:56 am 

But does loading an unpacked extension still allow for AMR updates?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 pm 
AMR Hero

@yjul no, it doesn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:58 am 

This solution worked for me but now AMR only supports four sites.
http://i.imgur.com/ymLkDYV.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:44 pm 

mahsate wrote:
Hi everybody

I don't know if this is the right place to suggest this but I want to tell you about my solution for google extension restriction.

As far as I know yandex browser is a chrome based browser or something like that. I am not sure about technical details. So i just installed yandex browser and it automatically transferred chrome extensions and all other stuff. You need manually enable AMG from yandex browser extension page.

At last, there it is! My manga list...

It is working for me. I hope for you too.

Thanks to AMR for everything...
Enjoy reading manga...

THANKS FOR THIS.
Out of all the suggestions/solutions that I've read, downloading Yandex browser is the safest and the easiest solution to the problem. I installed the browser, synced my Chrome with it, and it actually revived my AMR and my manga list. I was worried cause I wasn't able to export my manga, but Yandex revived it so, yeah, I recommend Yandex. It has the same functions as Chrome, so why not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:09 pm 

I unpacked crx and everything works. But for everyone who wants Yandex browser, I can say that it is really similar to Chrome (and based on Chromium) and easy to adapt to. And since it made in Russia it is especially good for browsing runet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:15 am 

When I unpacked the crx and installed the folder everything except the supported websites works. It only has like 13 sites and the 2 that I use aren't there so the manga show as "no chapters found" and doesn't automatically tell me when new chapters are out and I cant read the chapters on one page I have to click through everypage of the chapter for those sites. Anyone know how to fix this?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 am 

Dont know what the .crx is or where it is help me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:13 am 

When you download the AMR extension - it downloads as a file.CRX. CRX is the extension for Chrome Extension files. Just open with Winrar, 7zip or similar and extract to a folder (this is called unpacking the CRX extension)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:46 am 

You can also re-enable the extension by switching to the 'dev' or 'canary' build:
http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

After doing so, go to Settings and hit the 'Extensions' tab on the left and then go enable your extension.
Note: When I right-clicked one of my extensions and went to manage, the enable checkbox was greyed out, but going to extensions through the Settings menu worked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:20 am 

Hi, i've found the following solution from google forum. it works for me and list is still there in current Chrome.

This worked for me thanks to Asian7 back on page 34.

It survives a browser close and reload but i'm not sure if it survives a reboot yet.

SOLVED!!!

To re-enable already installed extensions
MENU> TOOLS> EXTENSIONS
Check the box for developer mode
make note of the extension ID which looks like ID: gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
Navigate to
C:\Users\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions
replacing USERNAME with your username.
Copy the folder with that ID to the desktop.

Click Load unpacked extension
navigate to the extensions folder on the desktop, there will be a version number folder inside that, open the version number folder and click OK.
Repeat the above 3X (The repetition may be unnecessary I've got a wicked hangover)

Click the Enable checkbox next to the extension.
Next to the "allow in incognito" click reload.

Your extension is working again.

Thanks to
youituber momoLevel 1
8:25 AM (5 hours ago)

As he said it may not survive reboot, but atleast you can access your list and save it, before migrating to any other browser.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next