All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:45 am 

Yep, even Canary Build is rejecting non-webstore apps now. But not as much of a problem as stable and dev channels - you can re-enable it on the extensions page(for now, this may change), so don't fret. If you want to prevent problems like this, try Chromium or Opera instead of Chrome for your manga reading.

Opera is here.

And Chromium is here. Please note, it doesn't auto-update, you'll have to keep track of that yourself.

I know it's a pain in the arse, but I think that the whole gig with putting AMR in the Chrome Webstore needs to be seriously considered. I know the chap with the Dev account has apparently vanished, but there's got to be another way - this wee cat and mouse game gets a tad wearing after a while.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:15 am 
AMR Hero

Quote:
I know it's a pain in the arse, but I think that the whole gig with putting AMR in the Chrome Webstore needs to be seriously considered. I know the chap with the Dev account has apparently vanished, but there's got to be another way - this wee cat and mouse game gets a tad wearing after a while.

That isn't the problem. The problem resides that we promote/facilitate access to copyrighted material being distributed without the owners consent. As long as we link to any of these sites, which offer content of questionable legality, we are out of the store:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/0 ... net-sites/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:13 pm 

braiam wrote:
Quote:

That isn't the problem. The problem resides that we promote/facilitate access to copyrighted material being distributed without the owners consent. As long as we link to any of these sites, which offer content of questionable legality, we are out of the store:

Yeah, that's a tricky one. On one hand, there's the pirate bay argument - you host nothing, you just provide a tool to change consumption of content that other people are hosting. On the other - yeah, the tool does in and of itself encourage using sites that illegally host copyrighted content, in fact, none of the sites that it works with legally host manga. Not a situation that's going to be resolved, though, most likely - though I do find their sticking to policy on this point baffling, when they're perfectly happy to host dozens of apps that link to and pull content from exactly the same sites, IE, Mangarock and other similar phone/tablet apps. Yay for consistent application of policy.

Y'know, if Crunchyroll became AMR compatible, I'd subscribe basically instantly. Not a request, it's not gonna happen - They wouldn't deal with external programs, and they're too attached to their flash-based reader. Which is an absolute dog, but what can you do, I guess. Something to be said about your reader when it's utterly outclassed by a small, free browser extension.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:38 pm 

Pretty sure now is the time to panic lol

Um yeah, losing Canary really sucks for this reader. It still works if you install the Chrome Devchannel, but honestly developing the reader for Firefox seems like the best way forward atm.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 pm 
AMR Hero

Churba wrote:
Y'know, if Crunchyroll became AMR compatible, I'd subscribe basically instantly. Not a request, it's not gonna happen - They wouldn't deal with external programs, and they're too attached to their flash-based reader. Which is an absolute dog, but what can you do, I guess. Something to be said about your reader when it's utterly outclassed by a small, free browser extension.

Y'know, we welcome patches ;). Through it wont be a fulfilling experience since Crunchyroll uses their own reader (flash based to boot) which isn't very extension friendly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:05 am 

Wait Braiam, so polo only pays for the servers, but never interacts with you or anybody else anymore?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:48 pm 

here's an option;
http://www.ghacks.net/2014/05/28/unsupp ... ns-chrome/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:54 am 

secuner wrote:

You're providing an option that's already mentioned in the first post of the thread.

But, fair enough, some people might not know how to get a hold of Canary, so thank you for the extra info.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:52 pm 

braiam wrote:
Quote:

This could probably be solved by removing the manga sources from the extension and having the users manually add them.
The 4chan-reader app "clover" have also had some issues due to, well, 4chan. But not all boards are bad so they just made it so that your defauly boards are stuff like /g/ , and then you can easily add your own boards, just by typing their respective letter.

By doing this, and having users type i.e. "Mangafox.com" to add that site it could probably get admitted to the store again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:38 pm 

damn you, manking me hope for a renewal